Sunday, July 04, 2010

Pacifica

Over the 4th of July holiday, we took advantage of a great hotel deal I found in Pacifica. We love that area and visit often, but have never spent a whole weekend there. It was so nice! We had the most amazing view from our room. At night, we left the sliding doors open and fell asleep to a warm fire and the waves crashing on the shore. (Can you say r-e-l-a-x-i-n-g!?!)

This was our view from the patio

That evening, my Mom and I watched the sunset over the ocean. It was so beautiful!

On Sunday, we drove to the Fitzgerald Marine Preserve and checked out the neat tide pools.

Among the hermit crabs, sea anemones, sponges, etc. we spotted this little guy. Isn't he cute?!

And off shore were a bunch of seals. This little one was splishin' and splashin'. He put on quite a show for us. Madison got a kick out of it!

Afterwards, we took a drive down beautiful Highway 1 and stopped at an old lighthouse for a tour.

And before we headed home, we had to stop in Half Moon Bay for some seafood at one of our most favorite restaurants. Yum!

(July 3-4, 2010)

7 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

Anonymous said...

what a nice weekend, there is NOTHING better than going to the beach, NOTHING!!!

angie said...

That sounds like a GREAT vacation!!

nickandstaci said...

I am so jealous! What a wonderful and I'm sure well needed vacation!

Anonymous said...

cuuuute pictures. It's so nice to get away. How special!

Anonymous said...

Amazing!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

So jealous! I have been dying to go to the beach!! I need some sea air in my veins!! Lovely pix!