Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Candy Land Party

We went to a "Candy Land Party" last week. The invitation said to use your imagination when it came to your dress & snack. I didn't go crazy like so many moms and kids did (very cute, btw) but I did decide to make a few things. #1) A lollipop shirt out of felt, ribbon and a popsicle stick. #2) A gumdrop and peppermint crown. #3) A candy bracelet. And #4) Some candy coated marshmallow sticks. I worked on the projects while she was asleep and when she woke up in the morning and saw everything, she was SO was in love with them, especially her shirt! She couldn't wait to get dressed and GO!
When we arrived at the party, I was so excited for Maddy. It felt like we were actually in the board-game! The decorations were adorable! And all of the different stations they had set up were so creative. They made fruit loop necklaces, spelled their names out with Marshmallows and toothpicks, decorated gingerbread men, went fishing for swedish fish, knocked out Lord Licorice at Gramma Nuts house, played pin the lollipop on Princess Lolly, got their faces painted, played "Hot Candy" - just like Hot Potato - and musical chairs. There was a castle cake and cupcake cones for the kiddos too. Maddy, needless to say, had a great time and we are so thankful to have been included! :)

3 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

Anonymous said...

Love the stuff you made!The shirt is adorable!I love the idea of a candyland party!FUN!

Anonymous said...

How fun for the kids, sounds like one, big sugar high!

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

Girl, you are SO imaginative and talented!!