Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Privacy Please!

I'm sorry to have up and made the blog private without warning you guys. I checked my "sitemeter" readings and noticed some of my traffic was not what it usually is. I traced some of the clicks back to their source and they were from from Facebook profiles of people I was not friends with. I don't really want to share our family site with anyone and everyone, so it freaked me out a little and I made it private immediately. I had our blog address posted on Facebook for my friends to see, and I assumed it was private and personal and only for their eyes, but apparently it was made aware to everyone.. somehow! I double checked my privacy settings and it states I have a private account and all details are for my friends only, so I'm not sure what happened. Anyways, I apologize for those of you who read my blog, but don't have a Google or Yahoo account and now have to get one. It's just one extra step of security so I know people who are reading our personal information have actually been invited to do so! I've been a little behind with the blog, but I just put up a few new posts. Thanks for keeping up with our little family! :) xoxo

8 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

angie said...

I don't blame 'ya one bit for going private. There are just too many weird people out there!!

Anonymous said...

it's always better to take extra precaution in this world, I've been thinking of doing it too...

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

I don't blame you!

Unknown said...

Privacy is always a good thing!!
Good girl for checking and taking action!

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad you went private- makes me feel like you guys are safer now too!

Tawny said...

So glad I was invited hee hee!

Kristopher Legleiter said...

I made the cut!! Woo hoo! :) thanks Julie :) Glad you had a good time with Pats Mom. Meet us in Winslow on thanksgiving and we can hang out!

nickandstaci said...

I am with you on the whole privacy thing!