
So, it's been a stressful week around our house, as most of you Facebookers know. Patrick's work stress has settled for the moment, things worked out. For now. I'm not holding my breath, I'm sure that stress will come back to bite us in the booty soon, but for now I can't worry about it. It was not the greatest of weeks for me to start my new "Way of Life". But I did. I made myself a promise and I stuck to it! I bought the Six Week Body Makeover Plan from Michael Thurmond. A whole new way of eating, exercising, breathing and living. The plan consists of 70% - my customized eating plan, 20% - my fat burning program and 10% - my customized body sculpting program. Through a series of questions, pictures of body types, etc. they make a "blueprint" of your body. You then receive a tailored eating plan and exercise routine for your exact body type. I cannot have anything with sugar, fat, dairy, wheat or salt. So.. no bread, pasta, cheese, sweet fruits, chocolate, refined carbs, etc. The sugar and fat part is usually a given on any diet, however it's more intense than usual. Not even allowing olive oil or diet sodas. That part hasn't been too hard. The hardest part has been cooking all of my meals without salt! It's so hard to find items without salt. And it's even harder eating them. I bought lots of Mrs. Dash spices and fresh herbs, but salt just makes everything taste better. So, in all honesty my biggest craving has not been a piece of chocolate but rather salt! Through my plan, I've learned that salt has really halted my metabolism in addition to helping water retain to my body. So, I'm trying to remind myself of that for the next five weeks! I started it last Monday and the results from week one are in. I've decided to post about it weekly so I'm under more pressure, it's out in the open, public knowledge, in writing! Hehee.. Hopefully it will encourage me not to stray. I'm pretty happy with the results...
*Total pounds lost: 7 and total inches lost: 10.5!!!
My goal for week one was: Give this plan 100% and try to loose atleast 4 pounds. My reward: A pedicure tonight! Well, I gave this plan 100%. I did not cheat once. Plus I lost my goal weight (and more!), so I'm off to treat my very tired feet to a pedicure tonight. (I've never had to cook so much in my life, and my feet are tired of standing in the kitchen!) I hope week two is a little smoother. My goal for this week is: Following through with my 'Fat Burning Program' 5 days this week. My reward: A night at Green Tangerines to scrap! :) 
Monday, July 20, 2009
6 Week Body Makeover
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
Julie, that is awesome!! What a cool program you are doing. Your results are amazing! Way to go! You deserve a nice pedi. Are scrapping this week? We are going Sat night, you should come!
Good for you! That's fantastic! It is hard to stick to a plan but I think the way you are doing it - making realistc goals and rewarding yourself is wonderful!
YAY JULIE! YOU ARE DOING FANTASTIC! I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS WEEK GOES FOR YOU. ITS VERY ENCOURAGING TO READ ABOUT YOUR DEDICATION TO IT. I HAVE A HARD TIME WITH STICKING TO A PLAN ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE TO FEED TOM TOO. KEEP UP GOOD WORK I AM SURE YOU WILL BE AT YOUR GOAL IN NO TIME!
7 pounds? awesome!
Sounds cool, good for you! Keep up the hard work, I am excited that you are so happy and meeting your goals!
That's great that you have lost 7 pounds in one week! Stick with it you can do it!
That's wonderful, Jules! I have a ton of no-fat/carb/sugar recipes, if you want any.
Post a Comment