
Well, week two was a little smoother, cooking wise. But not so much in the emotional department. I had a really tough time this week. By Saturday morning I had a meltdown. I did not cheat by eating anything bad, however, I just DIDN'T eat. I was tired of spending hours cooking only to be highly disappointed by the outcome! I was tired of eating things that tasted terrible. No flavor. Blah. And then to have to eat every 2.5 - 3 hours was really hard when it didn't taste good. So there were quite a few days I went without eating for several hours, which is worse than cheating on this type of diet. I have to keep eating so my metabolism keeps going. Otherwise it will stop and my body will start storing fat. Ug. Another thing getting to me was that I feel very consumed by this diet. I can't be far from home, or be gone very long at all, because I always have to eat my freshly prepared food. I also feel so selfish on this diet, cooking for ME, exercising for ME, etc.. I am not a selfish person and I've felt like a terrible wife & mother putting myself first over these last two weeks. I know it sounds weird, but I'm all about being mommy first, wife second oh and myself.. LAST! It just can't be that way for now. Patrick has been absolutely amazing and so very supportive of me. Helping me, encouraging me and constantly reminding me to see the positive side of things. He really helped me on Saturday through his kind words and even helped me alot around the house. I really needed that and it gave me a bit of motivation to keep going... So results from week two are in. They are not as much as I had hoped for, but I did meet my goal of 1 hour cardio 5 x this week so I am happy about that. Okie doke, so..
*Total pounds lost this week: 3 and inches lost this week: 9.5 That makes a total of: 10 lbs. and 20 inches in 2 weeks. Not bad, not bad... So, we shall see what this week brings. Thank you for all your encouraging comments last week, they made me smile! :)
Sunday, July 26, 2009
6 WBMO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
Wow Julie! Those stats are fantastic though! but yes, you must eat! I can only imagine how hard it is to keep up with but we are all so proud of you and you are going to be so happy with yourself when you reach your 6th week! Congrats!! :) :) xoxo
That is Great!!!!! Don't feel bad about doing this for you.. it will actually benefit your whole family in the long run...ie. you will feel better about yourself which will help your whole outlook in taking care of yourself and your family... Love you bunches girly, keep up the good work:)
Those are such awesome results Julie! Remember as hard as it is, you have to put yourself first. Everyone else benifts from this!
Great Job! I know how hard it is emotionally to lose weight.Taking care of yourself will enable you to take care of your family better later (since my 56 pound weight loss I've had so much more energy to do things with my family)! You deserve some You time..time to focus on what will make you happy!When your happy everyone else is happier.
I hope your diet doesn't expect you to go without certain things for the rest of your life (like salt and other beverages) that won't be realistic for true "life" eating change.
In life balance is key!
don't get discouraged as weeks go on. Its ALWAYS the easiest the first week because you lose so much weight by way of fat PLUS water weight and the weeks after may feel like you not losing anything but REMEMBER!!! You are working out too...building MUSCLE which weighs more than fat so it will compensate on the scale. so don't listen to the scale..listen to how your clothes fit!!! Then you'll feel better! : )
Way to go Jules!!! You can do this!! :) :) :) GO GO GO!!!!
Post a Comment