Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nature Walk

Last Friday I took Madison and Kody out for a nature walk. We drove to Fair Oaks and parked our car and started a mile and a half hike to the American River. It was such a beautiful day. All of the wildflowers were in full bloom. There were all kinds of animals and little creatures crawling about. It was so nice to get to the water - we were really hot - and that cold water felt good on our feet. Kody loved splashing around, he even went for a little swim. It was a tough walk back to the car though, becuase it was close to noon and getting really hot. But we made it back! We walked 3 miles total, which I was very proud of Maddy for doing, that's alot for little legs! All in all though, we had a great time. I taught Madison lots of new things and we enjoyed admiring all of the beautiful creations Jehovah has made!

7 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

vanna said...

That's so awesome! I still remember doing stuff like that with my parents when I was young. Crazy how little things like that stick with you. I'm sure they will for Maddy too.

angie said...

I love doing stuff like that and teaching Ava Jehovah made them. Now when she sees flowers she'll go: "oooh, pretty flower. Jehovah made that!" It's heartwarming.

Anonymous said...

how fun for you guys, what pretty scenerey.

Elizabeth said...

Looks fun! The weather has been so nice lately and now that I can tolerate being outside I have loved running and biking along the river and lake! You got some pretty shots.

nickandstaci said...

What a wonderful morning you two spent together. I am sure she will treasure that memory and the beautiful photos that go along with it.

Anonymous said...

So pretty...wow 3 miles that is awesome!My girls walk a half mile and complain!Kody is getting big and so adorable!

Amieleigh said...

that sounds like such a nice day! We have a river here too! wink..wink. ;)