Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sushi

Saturday afternoon we ate out at a new sushi place nearby, it was sOoOo good! We love trying all the new places around here and have been slowly adding some to our favorites, this one made the book for sure! Even Maddy gobbled up most of her food. That's always a good sign!

Afterward, we took her to pick out a toy. We still had yet to make good on our promise of that special toy from potty training. Can you believe they were sold out? We tried a few places and by the last stop, I was done. Too many toys and bratty children, so we left with nothing. Patrick said, "you have to get her something!" I knew he was right, but the one toy she really wanted was gone and she wasn't very interested in any of the other toys. On our way out the door, it popped into my head - a fish! So Patrick and Maddy headed home for naps and I went back out to finish my errands and to pick up a fish! I brought everything home and set it up in the bathroom. I found a tiny little Betta fish bowl with an LED light for bed time. When everything was set up, I had Maddy close her eyes and I surprised her. She loves her fishy! She gave him a weird name at first, Q-hi (???) But today fishy has been re-named to Sushi! She loves it and says it so cutely! She just sits and watches her fish. She says "he's so cuuute! Can I hold him, paweeese?" Hehe.. I think we picked the perfect potty training gift!

6 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

nickandstaci said...

What a pretty betta! I love the tank you found. She is going to love little Sushi!

Anonymous said...

Cute fishy...which sushi place? I'm going to be out that way tommorow..

Anonymous said...

thats so cute! we just got Levi his first fishtank over the weekend! A little Elmo tank, too bad the molly we got for him dies already, lol... fish..sheesh... ;)

Elizabeth said...

mmmmm, yummy!

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

What a cute bowl!

angie said...

That little tank is SO cute.. I love it. And the name Sushi, too funny!