Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Booster Shot

I know, weird title, but since our circuit assembly, that's what it's felt like I've been given - a spiritual booster shot - right in my bum! LOL! Since the assembly, I've been feeling so encouraged. So positive. So many important things were called to my mind that I've really been slacking off on. Preparing for and commenting at the meetings were definitely some of them. Since the assembly, I've made it a goal to be well prepared for each meeting. And another new goal is to comment again! I have the hardest time commenting, I feel like my heart is going to pop out of my chest! Anyway, I have forced myself to do it at each and every meeting - and my efforts are paying off. Especially with Madison. Last night she kept saying she wanted to answer too. She's only commented at our old small bookstudy before, never at the Kingdom Hall. I thought the microphone would scare her, but after seeing me with it throughout the night, she apparently wasn't. The last question of the night, she raised her hand. They brought her the mic and she said "WUV!" (Love) loud and clear! She was so proud of herself. Everyone was proud of her. Lot's of giggles and smiles. It was so cute! Our new meeting arrangement is so neat. I am really enjoying it and our attendance at the meetings has been really good since the assembly. Every one seems to feel so refreshed and encouraged. Maybe I'm not the only one who got a spiritual booster shot!

5 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

Anonymous said...

It's so true! We all can work on something! And the extra encouragement is well needed for all of us! Good job! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

I got one too...right in the bum~ ;) I went in service today with the girls and had great calls and read scriptures at the door and placed mags! I loved what Linda C. said in her part...to place our families right in the middle of the congregation...that is our home base...it is right where we should be! :)

Anonymous said...

Tawny again, I have such a hard time commenting too, I know I sound crazy or stupid or both and I'm so nervous I feel sick and shaky...crazy stuff! But I've been trying harder too, I'll think of you next time I'm trying to comment!

Elizabeth said...

My list of goals is pretty long this year, but I don' think they are going to be hard at all, I am really excited about them! I'm surprised your grandpa didn't tell me about Maddy's answer at meeting tonight, that's usually the kind of story he LOVES to pass on! ;)

angie said...

Good job, I have a hard time with commenting too. But do notice if I prepare a head of time its easier. So being prepared for each meeting has been my goal this new year too!

I had Ava all prepared to answer on that last paragraph too, but for some reason they haven't been calling on her lately, argh ;)