Thursday, December 25, 2008

Saying Goodbye


The day came... it had to come. I had been dreading that moment for the past 6 weeks. And there it was. I was not ready to bear it, but it had to happen. My family left last night to take Jeff and Amie to their new home in Winslow, Arizona. It's been a sad week, but last night was the worst. I did not want to let go of my brother. I will miss him so very much. And of course Amie too. She's been like a sister to me. Madison absolutely adores them and that is what hurts the most! She's too little to understand but she did feel sad when I told her we wouldn't be seeing them for a very long time. On our way home, out of no where, she said in the saddest little voice: "I'm willy willy goin' to miss them!" Talk about heartbreaking! It feels empty already. Especially since most of my family went with them to help. It's really going to take me awhile to get over this. I don't handle change very well, especially when it has to do with family. All I can think about for now is planning a trip to Arizona... and SOON!

3 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

Anonymous said...

Awe Julie!I understand. The my niece and nephews were the hardest to leave.Plan your trip.. you might like it!I understand your void!

Elizabeth said...

Awww, I am so sorry! Thank goodness for computers and cell phones... makes being far apart a little easier! We'll have to do something fun while the fam is gone this week!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that!