Tuesday, October 07, 2008

We must be crazy...

I don't know what's gotten into us and these spontaneous getaways lately, but Sunday our family (Mom, Jeff and Amie and the 3 of us) headed out to S.F. again. My poor momma has been havin' so much stress with work and such lately and she was just dyin' to get out and have some fun. I think she had some! :)

We spent a couple hours shopping in the Square, then up to China Town and then headed over to the Pier for some dinner. We had some excellent chowder, you know the kind that still has bits of sand in it? Oh yum! We browsed around a bit. It had been awhile since we'd been to the Pier, we usually skip it since it's the same ole-same ole and usually packed with tons o' people. But we actually enjoyed it alot this time.




Then, for dessert, we found this awesome Crepery Restaurant...


These were the best crepes ever! Mom and I shared a milk chocolate, dark chocolate, strawberry, whipped cream and powdered sugar one. I can't stop thinking about it, it was SO good! Haha!

Before we left, Maddy wanted to go on the carousel ride. So, we hopped on! She absolutely loved it and wanted to go again and again! I had to tell her no because that stinkin' ride was $5! (CRAZY!) We headed back home and got in pretty late for a Sunday night. I've been pooped out ever since! Anyways, I'm sure we'll start mellowing out a bit with this taking off out of nowhere business. We've been doing alot lately, but it sure has been FUN! Well, that was our bit of excitement for the weekend. How was yours?

7 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

Libby said...

Surprise getaways can be alot of fun!Looks like you all had a great time!!! love the pics! Warm and fuzzies..love ya bunches....Mom.(aka:"Crazy Mom Mom")

nickandstaci said...

Looks like a great time! That crepe sounds so yummy! I want one now...

angie said...

Sounded awesome! And with family tagging along, that's the best!

Anonymous said...

Get-a-ways are such a great pick-me-up!! Good times and memories, thats what family is about!!

Anonymous said...

I love the city, you can never get bored of it. I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

I love Crepes!exspecially chocolate ones!

Unknown said...

Those pictures were so great. The colors in the sky and just the feel of them you could see how much the night meant to everyone. I loved the pic of you and Patrick! Very cute..:)