Friday we met up with some friends and headed over to Bishops Pumkin Farm. This year we had planned to go earlier in the season because last year when we went, there weren't any pumpkins left! This year was perfect timing, all the bright orange pumpkins in the field were so pretty to look at. And the weather, despite being rained on, was much better than last year too. There's something weird about going to a pumpkin farm when it's hot outside. Yesterday it barely reached 70, so it felt perfect to me!


Maddy had a great time! She loved petting, brushing and feeding the goats. There were lots of other farm animals to look at, but she enjoyed the goats the most, especially the baby ones. After the animals, we moved over to the hay jump, which all of the little girls had a blast doing! Then it was time for the train ride... this is where Madison fell apart. I was waiting for it... #1) She woke up much earlier than usual because she knew she was going to see Graice, #2) She was rubbing her eyes by 10 a.m. and we weren't even going to be at the farm till 1 p.m., #3) 1 o'clock is her nap time and it was well after 2, #4) She gets really nervous before rides, and if the wait is too long before we go, her nervousness turns to panic and fear! So the meltdown began as soon as we borded the train. I knew she would have fun after we got going because she LOVES train rides, but the 2 minutes or so waiting for everyone to board felt more like 20 minutes. I felt like such a bad, mean mommy making my crying daughter go on a ride when all she wanted to do was get off! But what do you know 30 seconds into the ride she was happy to be on it! After the train ride, the rain became more steady, so the girls played in the covered play structures for awhile before we had to call it a day. Aren't all these little girls so cute?Rain + Dirt = VERY messy girls! They were all sooo dirty! There was no way the girls were getting in the car that way, so off came the clothes for the trip home! Hehee.. They all had so much fun and zonked out in the car!
When I got home, I happily put Maddy down, opened a window and snuggled up in a blanket and read while the rain continued to fall outside, something I love to do!!! There's just something about the sound of rain, the smell and the crisp air it brings. The past two days it hasn't rained anymore, but the air feels and smells so clean. I just can't wait for more of that rain!
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Pumpkin Farm & Rainy Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
awww, adorable picture of the girls sacked out. Too funny.
cute pictures! i love your pumpkin patch picture, very pretty!
i am so sad i missed this day!
We had so much fun, I think most people actually like that the weather was the way it was! (I'm just a grump- am I the only person that doesn't like rain? LOL!) Your pics turned out cute, I got some good ones of Maddy! I will put them in group acct!
So cute! Aren't petting farms so fun?
Looks like fun. Ava has that same shirt in navy blue!
All the girls look like they had sooo much fun..I bet the mommies were just as wore out from all of the fun...:)
Sounds like you had a good time. That picture of them in the car reminded me of our trip home from the farm...peaceful!
Post a Comment