Well our weekend came and went as fast as could be! Friday morning Madison and I were invited on a very last minute trip to the beach with my grandparents. They were cravin' some fresh clam chowder and thought it would be a fun little getaway. My brother and his wife and another couple were on a camping trip in Bodega Bay, so we met up with them at the beach. It was such a gorgeous day! I've never seen Bodega Bay look so pretty. Blue skies and a turquoise ocean. We played in the sand for a few hours and then the normal Bodega Bay I'm used to slowly crept in. It was foggy and cool by 5. We were hungry for dinner anyways, so we said goodbye and my grandparents treated us to dinner at The Inn at the Tides. It's quite a sentimental place for our family. It's where we ate after Patrick proposed to me on the cliffs at West Side Beach. It had been almost 7 years since I've been there. Sweet memories!:)Poor Patrick was not there with us though. That boy has been busy working on our Kingdom Hall remodel project. He's been doing night watches (12-4 a.m) about once a week for the past month and a half. This weekend starting on Wednesday was our full on RBC Quickbuild. We were able to get a sitter Saturday and Sunday so I was able to help too! Like my hard hat? :) It's been so long since I'd helped out on a Quickbuild. It was fun. HOT, but fun! I think we'll be meeting in our hall this Sunday. Thank goodness because the Sunday meetings at 6:30 have been very difficult!!! I can't wait to see our hall all finished and free of dust. It looks completely different. We have a new coat room, library, nursery, elders room, second school and even a couple extra rooms and there's even beautiful granite and cherry wood cabinets throughout. How they managed all this extra space in addition to more parking spaces is unbelievable to me. What a neat experience and I'm so happy we were able to be apart of it!
After we got home on Sunday afternoon, I was just sooo HOT! It was about a hundred and there was no breeze. So my mom, Maddy and I decided to jump in the pool. I think it was our last swim of the season as it's supposed to cool off and even start to rain a bit - thank goodness! Well we got all cooled off and then it was a mad rush to finish all the heaps of laundry, get the house clean and everyone ready for the work week! I dread Sunday nights!
What a busy weekend we had. Lots of fun, hard work and relaxation all jumbled up together. Hope everyone else had a great weekend too!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Busy Busy Busy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
Wow you guys were busy! What fun and exciting things though!Love the pictures!
What a busy couple of days you guys have had. Your trip to Bodega Bay sounds wonderful. I too am crazing so me ocean! Exciting times over at your kingdom hall. I know some from our hall and my step dad were there to help out too!
Cool last minute beach trip! My mom said you looked so cute handing out drinks at the QB!
What a fun, busy filled wk'end. That's great you were able to help out w/ your KH remodel! When we had ours I was hardly able to go because I had no one to watch Ava. But we're doing our assembly hall here in Md (HUGE project) and I'm hoping to get my hands dirty with that one!!
haha, I remember our camping trip to Bodega Bay all those years ago with you guys! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
you lok adorable in your little hard hat!! lol
I've been aching for a trip to the beach, I need one so badly. I love when there's quick build projects, they're so neat to experience.
Post a Comment