Friday, September 19, 2008

Spontaneous Adventure

Yikes, a week without a post!!! I've been busy and sick and lazy. Especially lazy about uploading and organizing our recent pictures, just kept putting it off. But anyways, I had my dental convention last Thursday-Saturday. It was good. We stayed in a really nice hotel, ate yummy food and learned lots of dental related things. My Saturday morning class ended up not working out for me... sooo... I had to go shopping instead! Oh darn! Hehee.. I headed down to Market Street all by myself and entered into the most amazing shopping center I'd ever been to. 8 floors of glorious, wonderful stores! I loved it! Before I knew it though, it was 12:30 and my mom, Patrick and Maddy were calling to say they were here to pick me up. We decided to make a day of it and go to a kids museum so I didn't have to wait until the rest of my office was done with their classes to come home. So we grabbed some lunch and drove over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito. I found this neat little place, THE BAY AREA KIDS MUSEUM. Madison had a blast. She played in the STREAM, dug for buried TREASURE, painted on a WINDOW, and just had a blast EXPLORING all the many things they have there designed for little kids. I can't believe I'd never been there before. It was really pretty too, just below the Golden Gate Bridge. The view from the playground was awesome!!!





After we were done, we got in the car and Patrick said "I don't wanna go home, let's drive somewhere"! So we talked it over and decided to head up to a Starbucks so we could get some Internet access on our laptop. Patrick picked the Monterey/Carmel area. So we found a great last minute deal on a hotel in Monterey and we drove down.

Sunday we ended up spending the day on the 17 MILE DRIVE. Then we grabbed an awesome lunch and literally beach bummed the afternoon away. It turned into a gorgeous day. The drive home was a killer though, it's almost 4 hours away and we all had to work on Monday. But it was a really nice, spontaneous getaway. I took gobs of pictures - you can check 'em out on my DROPSHOTS, I am finally getting the hang of that site! :)

4 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

angie said...

Aw, waht a fun little surprise getaway! Those are the best.. I love that last picture, so neat!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun..sometimes doing things on the moment work out better then planning sometimes!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds so fun! A little bit of all your favorites... shopping, beach, yummy food, and family! Your pictures are awesome!

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures!! love the family shot, super frameable