Friday, September 05, 2008

Grilly-Gus

What in the world is a grilly-gus you may ask... well I had no idea until Madison explained it to me. All of the sudden, she's developed a fear of monsters. Everything that makes a shadow on the wall is a scary monster who she swears is coming to get her. The other night the lamp in the living room made a funny shadow and Madison kept pointing to it and saying "Ahhhhh it's a grilly-gus! The grilly-gus... It's going to get me". I didn't quite understand her, it just sounded like toddler-jibberish to me. But later that night we were in her room drawing on her board. She asked me to draw her a flower and I did. While I was busy drawing, she drew something of her own. I asked her, "What is that"? And she said "It's my monster". I said "Ohhh, I see. What's his name"? She firmly said "It's Grilly-Gus"! This made me laugh so hard. I understood her now. That's who she was trying to tell me about earlier. So she named her scary shadow monster Grilly-Gus. What a funny girl. And the picture she drew makes me laugh... Here it is, meet Grilly-Gus :)

4 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

angie said...

She drew that?! It's fantastic. Nice to meet you Grilly-Gus!

LoL. So cute!

Jules said...

Yes, she drew it all by herself! That's my little artist... :)

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

What a good picture!

angie said...

She takes after her Mama!