Sunday, September 07, 2008

Special Assembly Day

We had our assembly today and it was so wonderful! Madison was excellent, I kind of forgot I had a child there with me. I was able to take notes on every single talk. I am really liking this stage of hers and it makes me feel more and more comfortable with the thought of stopping at 1, if you know what I mean! ;) Anyways, back on the subject, I really needed this assembly. What a wake up call. My goal to regular pioneer again has slowly drifted. I think I've been sidetracked and focused on other things that aren't nearly as important as the ministry should be. I really need to re-focus and figure out my spiritual goals so I can get back on track. I especially enjoyed the reminders of living simply. We can't give Jehovah our best if we are sidetracked with the latest this and the latest that. These other "things" mentioned, only cause us undue anxiety. By keeping a simple eye and putting Jehovah first, he will take care of our needs. It's easier said than done, but I need to remind myself of how true that is and I'm definitely going to work on it. Our speaker from Bethel, Br. Beaux, mentioned how things are only going to get worse economically. One day prices for groceries could be too much for us or we could easily loose our jobs and if we're not keeping a simple life now, imagine what it would be like then! Just so much good information. Can you tell I enjoyed it? Well, I hope everyone else had a great weekend too! I need to get some rest now, tomorrow is Monday so that means it'll be off to work for me! Boo-hoo! :(

4 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

Anonymous said...

You put all of that so nicely. I know what you mean, I feel the same way. Life is just to hectic and we do need to stay focused!

nickandstaci said...

Love your pictures! Great family pic and Maddy looks so pretty in the top pic!
Gotta love Maddy's age. It is so nice when they sit so quietly and you actually get something out of the meetings. I enjoyed your "notes", great reminders for us all!

Anonymous said...

Madison looks so pretty in that picture. I really love that photo.Wow you guys had your assembly day so close to your convention.That so nice how she is at a good stage for the meeting/all day programs.

Elizabeth said...

I loved the program too, and surprizingly we got a lot out of it! That picture of Maddy is beautiful! I love it! I promise this week I will upload all of "our" pictures and pictures I have of her to our group room.