Madison has become such a little wiggle worm for the meetings lately. She's always been pretty well behaved, but latley I've noticed a trend. Our convention is coming up in 2 weeks and I'm wondering what I should bring along for her. She's having trouble sitting still for 2 hours, what's it going to be like for 7 hours? Maybe I expect to much from her. Maybe I'm to strict. I don't know. I only let her bring her Bible, notepad and colored pencils. I don't think this is going to be enough for the convention. Her attention span is still so limited. So... anyone out there have any ideas or tips? I'd love to hear what's worked for you!
9 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
We are having our convention this weekend. The best thing I've ever bought is this pencil by Pentech, the liquid graphite pencil with eraser that never needs sharpening (and thus never breaks!) It washes right out of clothing, too. Also, I posted the other day about those lacing boards. I think for a convention it's a little different because it's all day, so I'm leting her take that tomorrow, since she can spend loads of time with that.
For our convention I took stickers and a pad for her to stick them on. I also found at Target this book that has a little wand you fill with water (it doesn't make a mess) and it colors the pages. And once it dries up you can color it again. It is hard to keep them seated the whole time.. she'll need to get up and stretch or she'll lose her sanity and you'll lose yours.. and that's NEVER fun :)
I let Ava have way more cool things when it comes to convention. I make sure they are all new! Way more exciting. Elizabeth got me started on magnet books, they have them at learning express. She loves them! Very quiet activity. Plus I bring stickers and a new pad oh and also a new color wonder book (she only gets those for assembly or convention). Little goodies from the dollar spot, like bracelets and such. Just one new one a day. I basiclly fill her old diaper bag and take that with all her stuff. It seems to work for her!
Angie- that book/pen thing sounds cool, what is it called?
Um, I forget what it's called but you'll find it in the activity area of the book section at Target. It's Dora the Explorer, Backyardigans and I forget what else. It wasn't any shows Ava watches but she liked being able to color and I liked that if she got some on herself.. it's only water :)
Thanks guys! I looked for everything you all mentioned. I got a different activity for each day. (Em-lacing boards? Where did you get those? There so cool!) I did find those books with the wand that you fill up with water. You can use it over and over, how cool. We got the Backyardigans, because she loves them! We also got a magnet book, animal theme. Some new Princess stickers and then there are these new paintbush markers (mess-free) that are dual ended, the other end is a stamp. Thought those were neat, so we got a new drawing pad and then a little tiny clipboard. Found a cute little Princess lunch tote for all her snacks and activities to fit in. I think Maddy is all ready to go now and it only cost a small fortune! :) Why are kids so expensive?!?!
The lunch tote is a great idea. I packed all of Ava's food seperate from ours because she needed to eat more then we did and it made it much easier to find her stuff! Plus I needed to reach her drinks easily since it was a ba'zillion degrees outside!
I found the lacing boards at www.alextoys.com. Click on the Little Hands and look under the Play & Learn tab.
hey julie, did you find the animal magnaet board at target?
Staci - No, I was doing my regular shopping at good 'ole Wal-Mart and found all that stuff. The magnet boards were really inexpensive there. Just a little tricky to find. They were in the play-dough and little kids board games aisle. That's wear I found the water wand pen and book too. Good stuff! :)
Post a Comment