Thursday, July 31, 2008

"AMEN"!

I've been trying to get Maddy interested in commenting at the meetings. And what do you know, we were on the last paragraph in the Revelation book and it happened! Her first comment. Nothing big or anything, just "Amen". But it was so cute. As they were reading I said: "Madison, do you want to raise your hand and answer"? She said: "Yeaaa!" So I said: "Okay, when I tell you it's time, raise your hand and say Amen." Br. Zink read the question and I said: "Okay, raise your hand now". That little arm of hers shot up so high, with such enthusiasm! He looked at Madison and said: "Oh, Sister Bellew?" And she, mind you, whispered: "AMEN!" Everyone giggled! The house is so large, it echoed and everyone was able to hear her. Then she looked at me and said "good job" and gave herself a thumbs up! Which caused more giggles! It was so cute. That's what she always says to us after we comment, this time she got to tell herself. It was so funny! It also just so happened to be goody night tonight and so I told her she could have a cupcake for commenting like such a big girl. I had made all the little ones there own favorite princess/disney character cupcakes. Madison was so excited to eat her cupcake with the big girls. I can't believe my baby commented. She is becoming one of those big girls now!

4 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

angie said...

Way to go Maddy!

nickandstaci said...

Thats awesome! So cute that she whispered it and then the thumbs up! Funny! I was trying to get Ava to do that same comment last night. No go, one day..maybe I should have bribed her with a cupcake:) Yay Maddy!

Anonymous said...

Awe!Love that Abby just started wanting to comment a few months ago. It's so sweet!Keep it up Maddy!

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

Yay Maddy!