Sunday, August 31, 2008

Webb Family's Visit

The Webb Family, from San Diego, have been up for a visit and we've been having such a nice time with them. Their cute little girl, Ava, is just a month younger than Maddy. So they've had fun playing together. Unfortunately for us, they'll be moving back to Maryland soon, so who knows when we'll get to see them again! Since we try to visit Patrick's Maryland family once a year, we just might see them sooner than we think. We'll see. Anyways, this has been our fun with them for the week:

THURSDAY

Elizabeth, Angie and I took our girlies to ParTea Time in Folsom for a fun afternoon tea and dress up! I just love that place! Our little wiggle worms were sure hard to photograph...but we managed to catch a few cute shots. The girls ended up having a really fun time together! And so did us mommies, can you tell? :)























Our afternoon lunch consisted of yummy scones with devonshire cream and jam, a salad, tea sandwiches, cakes, cookies and not to mention their fabulous TEA! My favorite flavor of theirs is the Creme Brulee. YUM! The girls had bubble gum tea. Madison called it her "pink tea". They all got to pick out their own cup and pour some tea from their teapot. They went back and forth the whole time, eating a bit, pouring some tea, then trying on hats and gloves and purses and scarves. Then they'd come back to have a few more bites, and so on... This is the ONLY teahouse I've been to that doesn't mind little ones running around. They actually encourage it. It was such a nice little lunch. Oh and just to remind myself later on, while I helped Madison pour some more tea, she said "Okay, that's enough" and I stopped pouring, then she waved her hands at the teapot and said "NO MORE, NO LESS!" LoL! It cracked me up and so I had to write it down. Where she picks these things up from, I'm not sure!

Later that night we all went out for dinner. We tried a new restaurant that Elizabeth had heard about from the Food Network, Tex-Wasabi. (Guy Fieri co-owns it!) It was a BBQ/Sushi restaurant. Sounds like a weird combo but it was sooo good!





FRIDAY

Friday was so much fun!!! Elizabeth, Gracie and Addie; Staci, Ava and baby Max; Angie and Ava; and Madison and I headed over to Petroglyph so the girls could pick out something to paint. Madison couldn't wait! If I let her, she would paint all day long! The girls were so cute, they all picked out a different piece to paint.















Maddy originally picked out this cute purse shaped jewelry box, but then she changed her mind and picked out a Piggy Bank. This time around I didn't help Maddy paint one bit! It was all her. All I did was write her name on the bottom - aren't you proud of me girls? You know how hard that was for me! :) Gracie picked out a cute jewelry box shaped like a pair of flip flops. She painted little flowers on them too, she's such a little pro! Ava C. picked out a cute little puppy dog to paint. Her mommy was so pleased with the spider stamp she picked out to use on it too! Heehee.. And Little Ava W. picked out an elephant. She painted it green, green and some more green! Here's a snapshot of out 4 little artists at work!


Later on that night was a fun date night! We got to go out without the kiddos! We picked Crush 29. I love that place!


SATURDAY


Saturday, the boys went to see a movie and then we all headed out to Old Town Sacramento. It was so crowded though, I hate that. It was some kind of "Old Town/Pioneers Weekend" and they had brought in lots of dirt to make the roads look unpaved. There were people dressed up all old-fashiony and lots of horseys everywhere which the girls really loved. We browsed around some of the shops and ate lunch. Each of the girls got a cute japanese-like umbrella. Do you think they could all stand still for a cute picture? NO! :)

Well, that pretty much sums up our fun with them. I posted tons of more pictures on my Dropshots, click HERE to view them. Today is Sunday and they had to drive home. Bye-Bye guys! We had fun!!! We hope to see you again soon!

6 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

angie said...

You are soo cute! Thanks for posting all this. We had a lot of fun with you guys too. Friday night was awesome - had so much fun! Cant wait to see you all again. Xo!

nickandstaci said...

Sounds like a super fun visit. I was glad we got to join the fun at petrogylph! Gotta check out the rest of your pics now!

Elizabeth said...

So cute, I love it! We had such a fun week! It makes me sad to think that we might not get to do that again for a long time! :( All I have to say is don't YOU guys get any ideas about moving back!

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

Glad you guys had fun! Cute pics!

Unknown said...

My fav pic is the one of you 3 gals in the dress up hats? Any chance wine was served with the tea?? haha..cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like your visit was so much fun!That tea place looks so cute,love all the pictures in the sepia.I've heard about that restuarant before I'll have to try it when I get back.