So, my big plan for this week was to start potty training, SERIOUS potty training. I have our potty songs, books, chart and even a potty training doll all ready to go. I've been getting Madison prepared for this. Telling her that soon we're going to try and use the potty like a big girl. (And all the while she's been saying: "no way!") I've showed her the potty chart I made and how she would get to go to the store and pick out a fishy when she learned to use the potty. She's got very excited about this. She already picked out the color of the fish she wants (green, of course!) and has named him Charlie. I have no idea where that came from. Anyways, my plan for starting this week has been put on hold, as some friends will be coming for a visit and we want to spend time havin' fun with them, not making pee pee messes on the floor at home! But wouldn't you know... Madison got up from bed tonight and came out to the living room and said, "Momma can I go potty?" My mouth dropped! Huh? Are you kidding me? Where'd that come from? Of course I said "YES, let's go!" She was all excited and hopped right on up. She said "I go potty and get a fishy." Sparing the details, she made two successful poops and Patrick and I did the wu-hooing, clapping, praising and even some potty dancin'. We told her how proud of her we were and she immedialtey wanted to call Grandma and tell her. She was so proud of herself too. It's just so funny... I'd pushed and pushed her to go, starting a year ago and she wanted nothing to do with it. Maybe she was just too young. Maybe she's just that kind of independent little child who does things when she's ready. Maybe the fishy is a great motivation for her. Who knows. All I do know is I'm proud of her and looking forward to some succesful potty training (but not till next week! We're going to have some fun with our friends instead.)
4 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
wow! I guess she was Reeeadddy! thats too cute.. great job Maddy!!
Aw, sorry to mess up your potty plans. But way to go Maddy!!!!
I'm right there with 'ya. After having Ava trained prior to her accident I need to get her back on board with that!
They are ready when they are ready!Great job Maddy!
That is awesome, you're gonna love having her trained.
Post a Comment