We'll be leaving tomorrow, as soon as Patrick gets home from work, to head up to the mountains. We're taking Maddy on her first camping/hiking trip. It's so crazy that she's never been, considering how much we love camping and backpacking. I just didn't feel comfortable taking her and all the STUFF that comes with babies. But we're up for it now that she's 2. We went to the dollar store to pick out a few toys to bring that I won't mind her getting all dirty or even lost (we're keeping the fancy toys home) and picked up a new box of crayons and some coloring books. I know she's going to be excited to be out in the woods, but there's only so much a kid can look at and do, without a power plug, right? So I thought coloring and a few play animals will help for that time when she's not quite sure what to do next... We're really roughin' it her first time too. No toilets and no running water, which I've never minded before, but with a kid, I'm not sure how that's gonna be. I'm bringing LOTS of wipies!! As for the actual site, it's not a very long hike into the campground so that shouldn't be too hard. It's right on a lake, it's so pretty! There's going to be NO ONE around...that's the part I love about hiking into places. There's only 1 spot to camp and Grandpa headed up early this morning and is waiting for us. He's so excited to do this for Maddy (his GREAT-grandaughter!). He's taken me on several backpacking trips since I was young, so he's loving that he's still able to do this with Maddy now too! I'll be back to blog our experience and pictures later next week. Hope everyone else has a great long weekend too! See ya later!
5 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
Wow! Primitive! I am sure things will be fun for her, afterall, kid's played with dirt, pinecones and grass 100 yrs ago right? :) Sounds like a great time to me!! I sooo understand about all the stuff that comes with kids, Levi is doing an overnight trip with my SIL tonight and I have MOUNDS of stuff packed. Ug!
Ooh, what fun! We'll have to plan a trip to Yosemite together sometime. It's SO beautiful there. I love to camp and would really like taking Ava! Have SO much fun!
Have a great time!
I've been backpacking with your grandpa! He was alot of fun, and knows how to really rough it! Have fun! Enjoy the stars at night, the deep quiet, and the fresh air! :)
Hey Julie, I just found this whole blogging thing and really enjoyed looking at your page. It looks great. Also you had great music playing! Have fun on your trip, hope you don't get burnt.
Post a Comment