I've taken so long to make a new post, only because I've been completely exhausted and drained from our trip! Which went nothing like I had hoped for or planned on! We got in Thursday, mind you after a 10 mile off-road bumpy rocky trail!!! Madison was scared at first but then we got her excited about it. I got a cute shot of her expression while goin' off road by hangin' out the window, how funny is that little face?
Anyway, we finally got there about 7:45, here's a snapshot of the trail:
And this is what our site looked like, not too bad, huh? Right on the lake with no one in sight!
At first, things seemed to be okay. Madison was having fun exploring her new surroundings, collecting sticks and rocks. Then night time came and the stars were absolutely AMAZING! We were 6800 feet up, so you can imagine how pretty they were. We thanked Jehovah for such a beautiful night then headed to bed. The frogs were SOO loud at the lake, it was really hard for me to fall asleep. Eventually I did, but that didn't last long. Madison whined and fussed and cried in her sleep ALLLL night long. I thought she was just unfamiliar with where she was and just tried to comfort her, but by 5 a.m. she was wide awake and said she didn’t feel good. She started coughing in a weird way and then she started to cry and before we knew it she started puking... and didn’t stop all morning! She puked in the tent, on our sleeping bags, on our blankets, on my clothes, on her clothes, EVERYWHERE! It just wouldn't stop coming out. She's never been sick to her stomach before, so this was a new experience for her and me! I felt so bad for her. She was so sick! Grandpa thought it was just the altitude, and so we stayed, hoping it would wear off. By 3 p.m. she was done puking and finally got a little rest. We joined her, as well as we were pooped out! Later on, we did a bit of hiking around the lake, and Madison managed to put on a smile for me for a few pics.
We even found a few patches of snow and made ourselves a cute, little baby snowman... which she really liked doing!
Later that night she was super fussy again, all she wanted to do was go HOME! I felt bad for her. She really didn't seem to be enjoying herself like I thought she was going too. Within a few minutes she started crying and saying her tummy hurt, we were expecting some more puke, but that didn't happen, no… it got much worse. On came the massive explosions in her diaper. They kept coming! Every time we changed her diaper, she'd go again and I've never seen anything like that from her before. She started running a temperature and we had another horrible, whiny, sleepless night. The explosions came to an end by morning. Thankfully, because we were about to go home. She seemed to still have a fever, didn't want to eat, walk, play, anything! This is what she looked like for most of the day:
Poor baby just wanted to go home! If it wasn't so far away we would've left. We stuck it out for one more day. Patrick got to go fishing with Grandpa and Madison had a few moments where she was feeling okay. I managed to get a couple more pics on Saturday, but not many.
When Sunday came, I was so excited to go home. I just couldn't wait to GO! We got one family pic and then headed out.
By the time we got home, all Madison wanted to do was lay in our bed and watch movies. She ended up crashing by 4! She was so tired! She's feeling a little better, still complaining about her tummy hurting, but nothing gross has happened since we were up there. I'm still not sure what was wrong with her, but I'm happy it's over and that she's feeling better. And I'm SO happy to be home, it's going to be awhile before we attempt another trip like that again!!!
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Not the trip I was hoping for...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
awww, what a trooper she was tho! Look at those red eyes, poor thing, the site looks amazingly beautiful, and that one of her hanging her head out the window is hilarious! Home, nothing like it!
Oh Julie! I'm sorry the trip didn't turn out like you had hoped. Poor little Maddy - getting sick is no fun especially so far from your home comforts.
Oh that's horrible! I'm sorry she was so sick. :(
What a bummer! Poor little Maddy! Glad she is doing better. I am sure your next camping trip will go much better. I love the picture of her in the car, priceless!
that is such a bummer, I remember when olivia had gotten sick like that it was so awful coming out of both ends and you can't do anything for them. I'm glad you made it home for her to rest and feel better. You still got a lot of really good pics.
Poor baby..Maybe next time she'll have a better experience!I did like the pictures you got!
Post a Comment