Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Camping

 In September, we got to go camping again. (we hadn't been in years!) I love everything about camping, I know, I must be crazy. But seriously, I love it! There are so many beautiful places in California, one of my favorite's being Mendocino, which is where we went.

 
Friday consisted of a beautiful hike in the Fern Canyon and Pygmy Forest. We parked one car at the end of the trail and drove up to the start of the trail so the kiddos wouldn't be too pooped out. It was a 4 mile hike. Well, that was the plan. A certain, eh hem... boy, left the keys to the "end car" back at the "first car", therefore causing previously mentioned boy along with his friend to have to make another trip back.. therefore equallying an 8 mile hike for them and a couple of locked out, pooped out mommies and tots! We are laughing about the situation now, but at the time.. not so much! hahah 
 Saturday we spent the morning at the Botanical Gardens. I had never been there before. It was soo beautiful!
 This was our camping group.
 Saturday afternoon we had a picnic at the beach. I love this area, it has rivers flowing into the ocean and super pretty beaches! We had a great time walking, exploring and playing in the water.
Sunday didn't turn out the way we had planned. It was my first experience with rain while camping. We had to break down camp in the cold rain and muddy mess. All we could do was laugh about it though (and hurry up!) It was quite an adventure! A good excuse to grab breakfast in town though, at the famous Egghead's Restaurant. Yum! Jessica got both the munchkins a little sock monkey, which Maddy loved. After breakfast we started the long journey back home. Even though we got rained out, we still had a really, really fun time. Madison enjoyed every second of being outdoors, which made me happy. I grew up camping every summer and would love for her to experience the same thing. Can't wait for another camping adventure!

September 16-19, 2010

1 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

nickandstaci said...

Looks fun!