We had a great time in Disneyland! On Thursday, after we all got settled in at Keith & Tawny's house, we headed to bed for a good nights sleep. Which we didn't really get. Madison and I were so excited, we kept tossing and turning and waking up every hour wondering if it was light out yet. We just couldn't wait. It was really neat to be able to bring Jeff and Amie with us too. Disneyland is even more fun with family! Here's some highlights of our day:
*Meeting Minnie Mouse*This was Maddy's very first time meeting a character. Last time she was scared to death and wanted to be as far away from them as possible! This time she couldn't wait. I honestly thought, by the time it was our turn, she would get scared and change her mind. But she didn't. She was so excited to meet Minnie and then tour her house. Another first. We didn't make it to Toon Town last time either. I'm so glad we did it this time. I think she could have stayed there all day!
*Meeting Mickey*Off to meet Mickey we went. He had a long line of people waiting to meet him too, but we enjoyed the old cartoons they played while we waited. This is our one and only group picture and I think the photographer didn't even see Maddy, haha, atleast her head is in the photo!

*Meeting Pooh & Tigger*After riding Winnie the Pooh's ride, we spotted Pooh & Tigger! Madison was pretty happy to meet Pooh. As was I, he was my favorite when I was little! Tigger was as silly as could be!
*Meeting Tink & Terrence*Madison (and Amie too!) couldn't wait to head to Pixie Hollow to meet Tink! Tinkerbell has always been one of Madison's favorites and she loves the newer movies of Tink & her fairy friends. We got to meet Silvermist first. Then around the corner was Tink & Terrence. Maddy has a crush on Terrence. She loves him! She saw the scepter and moonstone and had a full on conversation with Terrance about it. She was beaming afterward, especially as he waved and yelled, "GOODBYE MADISON", as we left!

*Meeting the Princesses*We decided not too watch the parade. Jeff, Amie and Patrick hit some big kid rides while Madison and I headed to meet the Princesses. I thought the line would be shorter while everyone else was lined up to watch the parade. It was still an hour wait, and I didn't quite understand why it took so long, until we got in. They spend a good amount of time talking to each child. Almost like the princesses are yours alone. It was really cool and her face made the wait completely worth it. She was SO excited to see everyone. She ran to Cinderella first. Gave her a big hug and proceeded to have a conversation about there dogs. Madison talked about Kody and Cinderella talked about Bruno ;) Then off to meet Aurora and Belle. Then over to Jasmine who was super sweet and not to mention gorgeous! We were lucky enough to meet Mulan too. She talked to Madison the longest and was the sweetest princess of them all. She was one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen. Madison is now non-stop talk about Mulan. She's her favorite!

*Souvenir*Madison was allowed one souvenir from Disneyland, and wouldn't you know, she picked a light-saber, of all things. Oh dear. Madison and Daddy love Star Wars. She is SO his child. She loved her toy!

*Castle Couples*The castle looked so pretty at night, all lit up. So we stopped for a photo op. Having Jeff and Amie with us was the best. Not only are they family, but they really are some of our best friends. Madison adores them and we miss them dearly. It was a great way to spend the day together before they were to head back home.
All in all, it was a wonderful day! For us, 3.95 was the magic age to take Maddy! She was officially 40" tall, so she was able to go on all the big rides, like the Matterhorn and Splash Mountain! She wasn't thrilled at first (and cried in some of the lines) but during and after each ride she would say "I changed my mind, I liked it!" We knew she would, she just gets so nervous. As long as Daddy was there to hold her hand she was fine. We already can't wait to go back again!! :)
6 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
Looks like you had a blast. You saw so may Princesses! Glad Maddy liked them!! Makes me want to go again and we just went 2 months ago, lol. I could live at Disney!
SO fun. I wanna go! Looks like a total funball!
Love your pics! You met SO many princesses! I have never seen that many in there. How exciting! I have to agree, 4 is a great age for Disneyland!
What a great trip! I am so glad that Maddy wasn't scared of any of the rides or meet the characters! And that is so neat you guys got to go with Jeff and Amie!
I can't believe how many character's you got to see, that so awesome and all of the GOOD princesses. Looks like you went at the right time, I wish I could get my kids to go on some of the big rides, so glad you had fun!
Sounds and looks like a Great Trip! I'm planning my next trip to DL right now because of all your pictures!LOL!Not sure if my kids will go on the big rides but lets hope!
Post a Comment