Saturday, July 11, 2009

Girly Getaway

We had a wonderful mini-vacation down in Huntington Beach last weekend. My mom, Madison and I drove down on Wednesday and stayed at Laura's house, one of our very best friends! My other best friend, Tawny, lives in Southern California too. So she met up with us also! Five girls and four fun days!

We got into Huntington Beach close to 2 a.m. So we slept in a bit on Thursday morning. After getting ready for the beach, Tawny made it to the house. Yipee! I was so happy to see her. We've been friends for 20+ years. We headed out for the beach, just a few blocks from Laura's house. We literally beach bummed the day away. So much fun! We went into town for a great mexican dinner and then called it a night.

Friday we headed down to San Diego for a visit to the Wild Animal Park. They were having a 'Dino Mountain' exhibit and Madison was so excited to see it. This girl loves Dinosaurs! When we first entered the exhibit they handed her a passport. She had to stamp each and every dinosaur she found in the exhibit, onto her passport. Such a cute idea! The rest of the day was filled with walking, looking at animals and more walking! The park is huge but so cool. The highlights of the day for me were: petting the deer, feeding the birds nectar (and watching them land on everybody - so funny!) and the Journey into Africa tour. It's neat to see alot of the animals co-existing in a somewhat normal atmosphere and having lots of open space to run around in. We had a great time ~ and slept VERY well that night!

Saturday was a crazy day. Not only was it party central for fourth of July, but Huntington Beach was also celebrating their 100th anniversary of being a city. So it was packed with people! We had a very good (but sooo bad) lunch at BJ's and then hit the beach for one last afternoon with Tawny. She had to leave before dark. We had a great time together and Madison really got to know her. We were all sad to see her go! :( My mom and Maddy and I headed back to the beach at 9, they have a huge fireworks show at the Pier (which is 20 blocks from Laura's house) but we could see them just fine. We laid on a blanket and watched the show. Maddy loved it!

The day came so fast! It was bittersweet. I would have loved to stay down there longer, but Madison and I were starting to miss Daddy & Kody. After one more beach play, we packed up and headed home by 3. We had such a fun time with just us girlies! And it's so cool having a place to stay a few blocks from Highway 1 & the Pacific Ocean! Can't wait to go back again!

4 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful trip! Looks like you are having a great summer! xoxo

angie said...

So much fun! Wish I still lived in San Diego so I could have met up with you!

Anonymous said...

That's so nice that you had such a close (free) place to stay and visit with BFF's. I love visiting So.Cal! What I nice trip you guys had!

nickandstaci said...

What a fun trip, just perfect, friends, fun and beach. Loved all the pictures!