It has been almost an entire month without a post! Grr... I will be mad at myself for this one day. This is like a journal of our lives and I've been slacking. Majorly. Well, to sum up the latest with us, I'm sorting through some pictures in hopes that will help me remember just what we've been up to over the past few weeks.
Since we've had the pup, I've been making sure we head out to a park or some kind of nature walk EVERY day that I don't have to go to work. This has been really good for all of us (and heck, I've lost 5 lbs without even trying!) We found a great trail & creek just a few blocks from us. Maddy and Kody love going there!
Speaking of the pup, I'm so very happy we got him. Not only is he a great playmate for Madison, he's also good for both Patrick and I. There's something neat about having a dog completely love you, no matter what. I can't explain it, but if you've ever owned a dog and were close, you know what I mean. I'm not saying it hasn't been a lot of work, because it certainly has! At times, it almost feels like a new baby is in the house. Only worse, they don't make diapers for puppies! But on that note, the training is going VERY well. He adores Maddy and she loves to take care of him. While getting ready the other morning, I came out of my room to find this. A trail of bread crumbs Maddy left for Kody.. she said he was "willy, willy hungwee!" How could I not laugh...
Oh and this was fun, the other night we had a "Surprise" belated 5th anniversary get together for my brother Jason and his wife Rocky. There 5 year anniversary fell during some really busy times and although we sent them cards, we never got around to doing what our family typically does. A night in, yummy dinner, dessert, games and of course presents! Madison made everyone there own hat, which she had a blast doing. When they walked in and we yelled "surprise" they were so confused. It was funny. But better late than never! One of the gifts we bought them was the game of Life, since Jason loves that game and they didn't have it. We played it, had dessert and watched them open there gifts. It was a fun night!
Last week the weather had gotten pretty yucky and you can only do so much indoors before a 3 year old goes a bit nutz! Thankfully our patio has an overhang and she can play out there. I got her a nice big piece of canvas and let her paint away. I enjoy watching her create. She is so serious about it. I had both of us make a hand print directly on to her painting. I just love the way it turned out!
Then came the week of visitors. Rocky's mama Haydee and niece Brittany, from Maryland, were in town. Unfortunately, we only got together once, so no pictures of them. My cousin Whitney, from Washington, was also in town and I was able to get together with her one morning for coffee at Charmin's house. It was so good to see her, it had been over a year!
Oh and did I mention Angie and Ava, from Maryland, were also visiting? We got to do lots together, which was nice! One afternoon, we met up at Bounce-U and let the girls bounce there energy out! Well most of the girls, Madison was less than thrilled about the place. She's afraid of everything! But they had fun together overall.
Friday night just us mommies, Angie, Elizabeth and I got to go out for a movie and dinner. We saw Shopaholic and had Sushi at Blue Nami. The psycho drunk man that took our picture was just a bit too weird and I didn't bother asking him to take our picture with my camera. Hopefully Angie got one without my ugly fart face (inside joke, lol!) Saturday came around and we eventually made our way to San Francisco.
Unfortunately on Monday I had to work and missed out on some more fun with all the girls, but I had them over for dinner before they headed back home the next morning. Such a shame the Webb's moved away from California. We won't be seeing them much since Maryland is so stinkin' far away! :( Like our sad faces?Yikes, this is a very long post. We have been busy! I vow to never go this long without an update again. Everyday I went without a post made this one that much longer... hope I can get myself together! Well, off I go again. We're just so busy, busy, busy!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Playing Catch-Up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
YAY! I'm so glad your back! I have missed all your posts.
You guys have been so busy! Love the pup pics. I think it is wonderful you guys got a little puppy. The bread trail is adorable!
That little girl of yours is so talented. She is wuite the painted. I just might have to steal that idea!
Looks like you guys had a wonderful visit with Angie and Ava. Sorry they live so far away. I know how that goes..
Don't disapear again :)
Ah, your pic's turned out great. The one of us pouting is funny, lol. I totally fell in love with Maddy's canvas art the moment I laid my eyes on it. I MUST do this with Ava. Even if I know it will just turn poop brown. Do you use a special kind of paint?
I wish we didn't live so far away either. I adore you girls and Ava has such fun with all her "fwiends" too. Hope it won't be so long between visits!
I know what it means to be busy, but it's good you see you back again.
Wow! That took like 10 minutes to read Jules!! ;) Oh well, loved it all...Hey where is that place you go walking? Email me ok..wanna take the girlies. :)
Wow..you've been busy! The pup is so adorable!I'm not the blogger lately either..Glad your back on the blogger :)
I thought I commented on this already! Anyway, good update! I've missed you! All of your pictures turned out so cute!
I can't imagine why you didn't get a chance to post! Goodness! What a busy girl you are. Well I'm glad to catch up with your goings on. Miss you! Wish I could have been there for all of it!
Post a Comment