Sunday, February 01, 2009

Family Day

It's not like we live far from my parents now, but living across the street was alot closer and we saw them every day! Madison misses them alot and is always asking to go see them. So on Saturday, we headed over to spend some time with them. My dad ended up taking us for a drive up to the Foothills. We stopped at Regional Park in Auburn and Madison played on the playground and then headed over to the pond to feed the ducks. She always loves to go there and enjoys chasing the ducks & birds around and always wants to pet them. I taught her how to make a bread trail so that the ducks would get really close to her, they did and she loved it! When it was time to go, she was not happy one bit! She truly loves that park! We headed up to Ikeda's (YUM!) for some lunch complete with some of their homemade pie. Then we continued our drive on up to Foresthill and saw the bridge & the river. Standing at 730 feet and being in several movies, I knew this bridge was huge but I had no idea it was the tallest in California and also reputed to be the 3rd highest bridge in the U.S. Pretty cool! Anyways, we headed back home and ended the day watching some family videos. What a fun day we had. I ♥ my parents and am so happy to live near them. Thank you hunny for leaving your family behind and not making me move away from mine! :)

8 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

nickandstaci said...

What a fun day! There's that fun park that we just discovered!

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

Those duck pictures are so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love that bridge. My parents used to live in Forest Hill and I loved going up there. We used to go alot to Clarkes pool under the bridge in the summer.

Your little girl is such a litte cutie, I love her hair, it's getting so long.

Unknown said...

I love that bridge too! Foresthill is MY hometown. So many fond memories...my entire childhood in fact...early teens...and beyond. I am still in touch with our "family" there. What did you do in town...there is not much to do...that is why I ask. ;)

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you guys had fun, also looks like Josh's idea of an ideal day! I asked him about that park, and said "honey... I take the girls there all the time. That's the one you always say 'why do you want to drive all the way to Auburn just to go to the park?' which is why you have never been!" Oh! Anyway, glad you got to have a good day with your parents!

Anonymous said...

That bridge is scary...I think I actually went over it.Thats nice you can be close to your parents.Maddie is too cute!

angie said...

Sounds like a fun time!

Amieleigh said...

It sounds like you had a great time! I miss those random day's when we would leave on a whim and go up to the mountains or even San Fran....:(