Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Arizona Adventure!

On a whim, we decided to drive out to Arizona and surprise my brother and Amie. It had been two months since we'd seen them and it was really starting to get to me, I missed them! Since we all had Monday off due to the holiday, it was perfect timing. We packed up the car and drove down on Friday. They had no idea and the surprise was great. We all cried very happy tears! We had a low key weekend, showed Patrick the town of Winslow and just hung out together as a family. I hadn't been back to Winslow in eight years! I moved down there in 2000 and lived their for six months, helping the congregation with their Navajo Indian reservation territory. An incredible and unforgettable moment of my life. When I moved back home, Amie came with me and I hadn't been back since. All of the memories came flooding back and the congregation is just as warm and friendly as it was back then. So many sweet familiar faces as well as a few new ones too! We had a great time and cannot wait to go back!!! Next time we will stay longer. A total of 23 hours and 1700 miles were driven over the course of 4 days, yikes! But having two and a half days with my brother, Amie and her family were so very worth it.
Click here for more pictures.

5 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

angie said...

Wow! Definitely a whim of a vacation but how great. I know you were missing your brother and getting to surprise them was awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

that seems like a long time to drive to Arizona but I was that both ways. It's a little over 1700 miles to get to Kansas. It's so nice that you drove all that way to suprise them. Its so sweet:)

Anonymous said...

That's ♥ .. I didn't know that you lived there for 6 months..that sounds like it would be a great experience!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Glad you guys had such a good time! I'll bet they were so happy to see you, they look like they are doing well there. I like the picture of you and Jeffy!

Unknown said...

How fun! I love road trips! I think the desert is beautiful..:)