Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Girls Night & My First Turkey!

It's Sunday ~ boohoo! That means tomorrow's the beginning of the work week! :( Well, at least we had a nice weekend. On Friday it was a girls night out... A very close friend of mine, Stephanie, is on her way to Chile for 4 months. She has such an amazing life, she's been all over the place preaching in seldom worked areas. This is the longest she'll have ever been gone. She's going to be so fluent in her Spanish by the time she's back home! She is going to be missed dearly, so it was a nice little goodbye night with all of her friends at Claim Jumper's for dinner and then onto the movies to see Marley & Me. What a great movie that was!

On Saturday, we had planned to make my very first Turkey. I'd never even thought about making one before because my mom always makes one - and oh so well I might add. Mom came over early in the afternoon and showed me the ropes. We put Mr. Turkey in the oven and headed out for a nice walk.I love where we live! It's so nice! We walked the Maidu trails and then stopped at Maidu Elementary to let Madison play on the playground. We headed home right at sunset and when we walked in the door ~ oh boy did it smell yummy! Mr. Turkey was about an hour from being done. It was the perfect time to start our family worship night, like we we've been so very much encouraged to do lately. So we had a study together and then got all the fixings ready for dinner. It was a great dinner. My turkey was a success! After dinner, we cleaned up and picked out a game for the 4 of us to play. Life. It's been years since we'd played it and Madison had such a fun time! As did Mom, she won! (Like usual!) We ate dessert and said our Goodnight's. It was such a nice family night.Unfortunately, it didn't stay such a good night. Patrick is having more tummy troubles and was up throughout the night! Today he's still the same and we had to cancel our plans to visit a friends hall & have lunch with them *sniff*sniff* So instead, I headed to our hall this afternoon with Maddy and left Daddy at home! :( Hope he's better soon. We need to get him back on his herbs I think! Well, guess I should get back to my Sunday night routine ~ blah! Hope you all had a great weekend too!

5 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

angie said...

Sounded like a nice wk'nd..I've never made a turkey either. Lots of chickens, but never a turkey.. looked yummy!

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to make a turkey too, but I'm never wanting to put that much time into it for just us and the kids.

Elizabeth said...

Mmmm, looks yummy! The only bad part about making a turkey is cleaning it first. (yuck!) But i guess its worth it in the end! Glad you had a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ah I love Turkey..I've only made one and Tyson one..but they weren't as good as grandma sue's!Wow your friend is going to have an amazing experience for sure!Hope patrick feels better.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Steph have the most amazing life! Makes me wish I'd stayed single...just kidding Keithy!! haha She gets to do such great things for Jehovah though! It's Tawny by the way..guess you figured that out probably.