Thursday, November 13, 2008

Family Reunion at Apple Hill

It was that time of the year again... our Davis Family Reunion in beautiful Apple Hill, California. It's been a tradition for over 30 years! Everyone (except our family in New Jersey) comes up for it every year. I guess this made my 28th trip? Yikes! This year, we headed up on Sunday. The weather up there was sooo cold. It only reached 51 degrees. Burrr!!! But it was fun to wear our hats and scarves, it felt like such a cool, crisp fall day. Every year all of the grandkids take a picture with Grandma Pat. Here's this years photo:
We have our set route every year. We go to our favorite spots to pick out the best apples, buy some apple cider, apple donuts, apple pies and of course, some carmel apples! Yum! Yum! Yum! It's always such a fun day we eagerly look forward to. I'm excited to share our tradition with Maddy now too. This was her 3rd trip up there and her 1st time getting her face painted there. It was cute to watch... my cousin and I had such great memories of getting to pick out some cool new design to have painted on our faces when we were little. Of course back in the day it was only like 50 cents, and of course Madison picked out the $6 monkey!!! Oh well, she loved it... Here are a few other pictures that were taken and of course the other bazillion are up on Dropshots! We had such a wonderful time, we just L-O-V-E Apple Hill!!!

8 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

angie said...

Looked like lots of fun! A very cute family tradtion.

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

What a great tradition! Looks like you all had a great time.

nickandstaci said...

What fun apple hill tradition! That is wonderful that all of the family comes out for it. I love Maddys face painting, so cute! She looks adorable in her hat!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Shots!

Anonymous said...

How fun..it's worth all the family to come out for Apple hill (I miss it so)I thinks it great when it is cold it makes more fally.
Cute pictures. The face painting is a rip but so worth the smiles on the kids faces.Eat a piece of apple pie for me!

Elizabeth said...

What a fun day! Glad you had so much fun, you guys all look so cute! I love your Grandma Pat, tell her hi for me!!!

Anonymous said...

I really wanna know how you figure out to do all of these awesome picture layouts on your blog. You're pictures came out really good. It sounds like you had a great time.

Jules said...

Lauren ~ My friend told me about Photoscape. It's really cool. I just click on the "pages" section and you can create all kinds of neato layouts! Have fun! :)