Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Scrappin' Happy with my BFF!

I cannot even begin to tell you how much fun Elizabeth and I had on our little scrappin' getaway! It was unlike anything we'd ever done before. The house was amazing, it just felt so warm and homey. Not to mention the beautiful view ocean we had from our rooms balcony. We even had a fireplace and awesome whirlpool tub (which I thoroughly enjoyed as we only have a shower at home!) The hosts, Dorothy and John, were awesome! There were so many little details, like the arrival gift boxes on our workstations; the eye masks, cushy slippers and mints on our pillows at night; the robes in our closet; the constant cleaning up after... I've never been pampered, waited on and taken such good care of before. They'd yell at you if you tried to put your dish in the sink. LoL! It was very hard to get used to being absolutely served upon, but hey... I could get used to it. Too bad we're back in the real mommy/wifey world again!

Altogether I accom-plished 25 pages (15 layouts). I had hoped for more, but I just had so much fun and really took my time. We made sure to take breaks and walk to the beach. We ate more food than can be imagined... Dorothy and John really know how to entertain with food. Oh and did I mention the supplies? WOW! What a collection. Dorothy had any and every scrapbook/paper crafting supply imaginable. I am really going to miss having access to all of that stuff! It was neat to be able to try new things though... I know what I want to add to my collection now! As far as sleep went, we had verrrry little of it. The 2nd night we didn't head to bed until 5:30 a.m...YIKES! We just had toooo much fun! We can't wait to go again. It's definitely going to be an annual thing for us. And hey, after all we do for our families I think we deserve it! (Atleast that's what Patrick told me, isn't that sweet?)

<--Like our cute sleeping masks Dorothy gave us? Hehee.. Well after such a great time away, I guess it's back to reality. Who knows when I'll have time to drag out all my things and sit down to do more pages. There's just never enough time or space... Until then, I'm still enjoying our memories from our fabulous girly weekend! Elizabeth and I never have uninterrupted time together anymore, so it was awesome to have all those hours of non-stop giggling and talking. Almost like we were 13 again! :) I feel so blessed to have her in my life and as my best friend!

6 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

Jules said...

Testing...testing!

Jules said...

Wu-hoo, it works again! :) How sad, I'm commenting on my own blog. LoL!

Anonymous said...

Oh good I tried to leava comment earlier but it wouldn't work. I was just gonna say one work...JEALOUS!

Elizabeth said...

LOL, first I was feeling so nostalgic and touched by your sweet post, then I read your comments to yourself and now I'm just laughing at you! Thank you, I had such a great time!!! I can't wait to go back! My favorite part was just hanging out and getting to talk with you so much! (and the beach... and getting so much accomplished!!!) Love you!

Anonymous said...

wow!! sounds so amazing. Im glad you were able to have that time to veg out!!

angie said...

oh yay, it works! Glad you girls had so much fun. It's good to get time to yourself to do the things you enjoy. Not that we don't enjoy caring for our families, but you know what I mean :)