Friday, August 08, 2008

Bu-bu's

OUCH! Madison showing off her bu-bu, she says "I bonked my head!"

You know that awful feeling you get... your child is happily playing one minute and then the next you hear a crash followed by a heartbreaking scream! I hate that feeling! Having no idea what you're going to find when you turn the corner. I got that feeling this morning, but thankfully it wasn't anything too serious. Poor little Maddy was so happy playing the piano this morning. She grabbed her sunglasses and said "I look cool". I thought it was cute and walked into the living room to start my to-do list. Not even 30 seconds later: a huge splat, crash... SCREAM! In the entry way we have tile. I hate it, it shatters anything that drops on it and has caused numerous gashes in Maddy's face. And today she got another! She fell of the piano bench face first. (How that happened I'm still not sure) But when I ran to get her, she was on her knees and head. I was nervous to look at her face because there was blood on the floor. After we calmed down and tried to clean up a bit, she ended up with 2 large eggs on her forehead as well as a small gash, thanks to those dumb glasses I let her wear! A bloody nose, a bloody lip and a bruised, swollen knee. An hour later the whining is gone and she's as happy as can be, as apparent in the photos below. But her poor little face looks like it HURTS! I feel like such a bad mommy! :(

6 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

They happen to the best of us! You should see Ella's legs and the now-yellow bruise on her cheek from the DC. I always swear I'm going to have a heart attack one of these days.

Anonymous said...

ohhhh hunny, I so understand. Levi fall last week made me sick, and get's pinned under the couch, and hits himself HARD with HARD objects.. it really does effect us as moms. I totally have had that bad mom feeling, but it happens!! Your NOT a bad mom, we can't put bumpers on everything altho I'd like to untill Levi is like 30. :) Your a grand mom!

angie said...

Uh, I don't need to remind you about what just happened to Ava! ..and Jesse was IN the room with her when it happened!

None of us are bad parents, by any means. It's unfortunate things happen. At least she's okay! That's what I keep saying to myself about Ava.... at least she's okay! (and then I let out a HUGE sigh). And Maddy's okay too :)

Unknown said...

Oh...have I a few stories to tell. Remember that commercial and parents keep saying "it will be a miracle if he makes it to this age..." and it keeps showing the accident prone kid through life...well..it is a miracle any of us made it through stuff we did.:) My kids included!! Almost daily haden should be dead from an object I find in her mouth after we have carefully checked for tiny stuff!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Madison! It happens to the best of us. Abby and Shaine have gotten hurt pretty badly when I was just feet away!Hope she feels better!

Anonymous said...

Poor baby, How is she doing now?