Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Poo Poo Patrick

My poor hubby! He has been so sick the past few months, as some of you know. He'd been diagnosed with IBS 10 years ago, but latley we just knew it had to be something else, something worse, because he's been terribly sick. He's missed so much work and so many meetings because the boy just can't stop going potty! He lost over 15 pounds in a few weeks from being so sick. A month ago he ended up in the E.R. because he was in so much pain. We had to insist that some kind of tests be done, because it was apparent there was something wrong. They agreed, but sent him home to wait for an appointment with a gastrointerologist. Our healthcare system around here is so lame! Anyway, he got into see the Doctor a few weeks ago and he scheduled Patrick to have a colonoscopy, which he had done today. We have to wait a week for the pathology reports from the biopsy to come back, but so far the test showed several ulcers in his colon as well as some other icky things I won't mention. The Doctor is pretty sure this means he now has Crohn's. This isn't exactly good news, but in some way it does bring Patrick some relief. He was starting to think he was going crazy and it was just in his head. I told him nobody can fake the constant poo-ing and pain that he'd been having - but he was starting to feel so discouraged because it's taken so long to diagnose! Anyway, thats our news for today. We will be studying up on Crohn's and trying to adjust our lifesyle in any way possible to help Patrick feel any bit of relief from the pain he's in.

7 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

Anonymous said...

Oh My! hopfully some medicine can make it bearable, it's good to finally know what was wrong, goodness! Hope everything feels better soon!

angie said...

We have several friends who suffer from Chrons. I hope he find relief soon!

Unknown said...

Oh this is so terrible for Patrick. But you see the humor in life and it is funny! The title alone had me busting up!!! Need matches or airfreshener?? ;)

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

Poor Pat. I hope he can find treatment that helps.

Anonymous said...

Julie I am so sorry to hear that. We knew a brother with it and I remember him having a very strict diet which can be hard for some people to stick with, I hope that you can find some good advice on it.

nickandstaci said...

Poor Patrick! I am sure it is a nice feeling to have an answer after all this time of wonder. I have had several friends with Chrons. One of the girls I use to work with had it and had a surgery for it recently. You should check out her blog, pirion famiiy, on my blog roll.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry!I know what you mean about the whole diagonsis thing.I had IBS a few years ago and my IBS acts up from time to time ( mild IBS but when it does act up it lasts a while). But I had over 3months of doctors visits and ER visits before they finally figured it out.The whole time I was going though they made me feel like it was in my head too and like they were irritated with me. I hope now that they figured it out that he will be on his way to recovering/coping.