Madison is two-and-a-half today! So crazy! She's growing up right in front of our eyes! I'm using this blog to track Madison's milestones, silly little things she does, as well everyday things we do as a family. At first I started it just for our long distance family and friends to keep up with our latest news, but now I'm thinking it will come in handy for US to look back on as well, one day... say 5 years down the road... I can know what we were doing and thinking and what Madison was like at a certain age. So, I thought I would write a little bit about Madison at the age of 2 and a 1/2. Please do NOT feel obligated to read this, as it might bore you silly! =)
My little Maddy,
At the age of 2 and a half, you are 37 inches tall and you weigh 30 lbs. You love to watch Max and Ruby and the Little Einsteins. Your favorite movie right now is Enchanted Tales, but only the story about Jasmine, that's the only part you want to watch. You talk sooo very much! It never ends, but we love it. You like to ask "Whatcha doin?" all the time. You can open the refrigerator now (kind of scary) and you stand in front of it and say, "Hmmm" as you bend over to see whats inside. It's so funny. You usually pick yogurt, you like that alot! You have started playing Hide-N-Seek. Out of no where, you will cover your eyes and start counting. Then you tell me to go hide. You like to "roooar" like a dinosaur when you find me, you think it will scare me. You love all the small plastic toy animals Grandpa bought you, you pick them all out of the box, one by one, and carefully set them up. You make sure to identify each animal. You always growl when you pull out the tiger. Your favorites are the giraffes and the elephants. Especially the baby ones, you like everything thats a baby! It cracks all of us up when you find the wildebeasts, you say it sooo cute! You are realizing the difference in sizes, you say things like "aw, it's so tiny" as you show me with your fingers about an inch wide. And today you told me I was big, thanks, I appreciated hearing that! =) You love going for rides in the car and you pretend we're Rocket from The Little Einsteins and you pat on your lap so I'll go faster and when I do you say "3-2-1 Blast Off, yay, we did it!". When we put on our dress clothes, you always ask "we go to meeting?" You like going to the meetings. Especially afterwards, you make a bee line to Grandma Cuccia for a lollipop, and you always say thank you and give her a hug. All on your own. If you ever see a picture of someone wearing a crown, you point to it and say "King Jesus?" -that's your favorite picture in the Bible Stories Book- It melts my little heart to hear you say that, it's so adorable! I love getting you ready for bed. You MUST have all 4 of your favorite books read to you: Goodnight Moon, Brown Bear Brown Bear, Hokey Pokey Elmo and Take me to the Zoo. You get so excited to read. You try to follow along with me now, you point your finger where the words are and you finish my sentences. After we're done reading one, you put your finger on your chin and say "Hmm...which one?" and then you tell me which book you've decided on reading next. Then you always give me lots of kisses and cuddles, it's one of my favorite things to do with you! You are doing so many things now, I just can't list them all, especially for the sake of others who are reading this and are probably yawning about now. But I just wanted to let you know about the sweet little person you are becoming. I'm so happy to be your mommy, it's beyond words how I feel. We love you so much! Here are some pictures I took of you today, my pretty little girl! XOXO - Mommy


Thursday, May 15, 2008
Two-and-a-half
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
That was beautiful! It's exactly what blogging is all about. I am so happy to be able to look back years from now and remember all the cute little things Ava did or said. It's priceless! And think how much they'll enjoy it when they grow up and can read it!
Julie, so sweet! You are a great writer. I love how Maddy is growing up too, I feel so priveleged to have watch her from the very first minute! I love the part about pretending you are Rocket in the car- so cute! I can't believe how much she is changing! It just keeps getting more and more fun!
That was so sweet. I love looking back at my blog and seeing old pictures and recalling little things that happened that I might not otherwise remember. Love it.
Post a Comment