My friend, Elizabeth, had a recipe exchange party on Saturday. There were lots of dishes we got to try out and everyone brought copies of the recipe they made. The appetizer I made turned out pretty good, so I thought I'd share it with all of you. Let me know what you think!
Cranberry Brie Puffs
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 (17.3-oz.) package puff pastry (1 sheet)
1 (15-oz.) can sliced Bartlett pears in
lightly sweetened pear juice, drained
8 oz. Brie
1/2 cup dried cranberries
DIRECTIONS:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Thaw time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 12 to 15 minutes
Thaw pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll pastry out into a 14-inch square and cut into 36 equal squares. Press pastry into mini muffin tins. Coarsely chop pears and place a few chunks in the center of each pastry square. Cut away the curved edge of the Brie and cut into small pieces; place over pears. Top each with 3 or 4 dried cranberries. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until very puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
Makes 36 pieces.
*I decided to make mine a little bit bigger, I made 18 instead of 36, only because I didn't have a mini muffin pan, just a regular size. I thought they were a perfect appetizer size, I think they'd be too tiny in the other ones, but either way I'm sure they'd taste just as yummy!*
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Recipe Exchange Party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
Post a Comment