Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Boyfriend"

I recently reconnected with a friend that I had in my teens. I was excited to hear that she had a 4 year old son. We wanted the kids to meet eachother, so we set up a playdate last Friday. Madison doesn't have any friends that are boys, so before we got ready to meet them at the park, she was running around the house repeating: "I can't wait to meet my new boyfriend!" It was pretty funny. Madison and Hayden hit it off great. He is a sweetheart, and only 2 weeks older than her. Kaily & Hayden came over to our house after the park and we had the kids make their own pizza's. Madison loves to cook, so this was alot of fun for her!

While we waited for the pizza's to cook, the kids played Elefun.

For dessert, we made sugar cookie's. Kaily brought a bucket full of shapes - anything you could imagine was in that tub!


They ate a few cookies and went straight back to playing. Madison was the Princess, Hayden was the Prince and Kodiak was the Dragon. They played for hours. They were so stinkin' cute together! And of course when Daddy got home, he heard all about this "boyfriend", he was just thrilled to hear his daughter using that term already. LOL.

5 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute, Julie you are so good at doing fun activities with kids. How nice to reconnect with an old friend too.

nickandstaci said...

How fun! What a great play date/date! lol! I haven't seen Kailey since I was a teen. Cool she has a little boy now.

angie said...

Sounds fun. Cute cookies. Maddy has a boyfriend, lol. Sweet :)

Sanders Family said...

Had a blast! Can't wait to get the kids together again!

Libby said...

How so very cute!!! I know Pat and you can wait for the real boyfriend coming along!!! Are they going to be attending your hall? That would be neat!