Maddy's friend Hannah was coming over and she wanted to give her a drawing of the two of them. Do you see anything wrong with this drawing?! Done from a three year old?! NO! I think it's adorable. Madison, on the other hand, cried and cried after finishing this drawing saying it was not good enough and that she is a bad drawer. This is a daily thing lately. "I am not good enough", "I can't do it right", etc. She is sooo hard on herself. I praise her at all times. Always trying to give her confidence in herself. I do not want her to have self-esteem issues like I did as a child (and STILL have!) I am not sure why she puts herself down for everything she does. She has such high expectations of herself.. at THREE! Patrick thinks it's from her hearing me always bash myself. Nothing I do is ever good enough. I highly dislike myself. These are thoughts I have at all times, and apparently I vocalize them too. I guess I am really going to have to work on that if it is now affecting Madison, which is something I don't EVER want her to go through!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Self-Esteem
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
Oh Jules, I wish you wouldn't be so hard on yourself! With E I try to encourage her to have self-satisfaction, and I ask her if she's proud of herself, or feels happy inside. I remind her that what's important is for her to feel good with her best work, and encourage her to practice more on something if she's struggling. Hang in there mama!
Olivia goes through the same thing...I'm always having to to reassure her that things don't need to be perfect, that the way she does things are just right! Sometimes I think that we're so hard on ourselves that we don't realize that our kids pick up on it.
I'm with you girl! Its hard being women and mothers..LOL!
We all do the best we can with our babies and hope they love themselves. I was always told by my mom your beautiful..all I heard was blah blah and thought your my mom you have to say that! It imperfection! Jehovah please fix us soon!:)
Oh Jules, you are a great person and a wonderful mom and you should be nice to yourself, you deserve that! But of course I'm the same way with myself! Maybe it's because of your brothers and Patrick being so mean about your nose! Mean boys!
Tell her that is an artist if I ever saw one, it's perfect! I completely know were you are coming from as for me I am a worrier and I try not to show that in front of my kids but it is so hard, they pick up things after us! Part of being imperfect I guess!
Post a Comment