Wednesday, June 17, 2009

District Convention ~ Keep On the Watch

~Thursday
On Thursday, after we checked in and unpacked, we walked down to the bay. We strolled along the pathway and watched the planes land at the San Francisco Airport. Madison loved watching them. It was a pretty view of the bay, the city and all the lights.

~Friday
Day one of the convention. I'd say I got the most out of this day. We were all well rested and were able to pay attention. We had a nice dinner afterwards with the whole family.

~Saturday
Day two was good, Madison was really tired and slept the entire morning session. I was getting tired from all of the hiking around we have to do at the Cow Palace, but otherwise we really enjoyed the talks on Saturday. Instead of heading into the city for our annual 'Naan & Curry' dinner with friends, we did a quick drive down Highway 1 to our favorite seafood shack. Pacifica and Half Moon Bay were absolutely gorgeous. Our view from dinner was amazing. We really enjoyed our dinner that night!

~Sunday
Sunday came around before we knew it! This day was really hard for me, I was completely zapped of energy. I had a hard time concentrating and Madison was so tired as well, she slept both morning and afternoon sessions. But from what I was able to take in, it was an amazing day! The drama was awesome, much different than any other drama I've seen. I really enjoyed it! We headed out as soon as possible because we had to pick Kody up from the dog sitters by 7. We missed our pup so much. He was so happy to see us when we picked him up. Thankfully Monday I had the day off and we were able to re-coop a little and give Kody lots of love. The Conventions are always wonderful, this one certainly had a great sense of urgency though. Patrick & I were really excited about the releases and we've talked about some goals we need to be setting. I hope we can keep ourselves on track. It gets hard to stick to them, but we're really going to try!

8 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

nickandstaci said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful convention. Enjoyed the pics!

angie said...

Glad you had a wonderful convention. I am looking forward to ours this weekend!

Tawn said...

Hey Jules! We have our assembly this weekend except we have a 4 day assembly because it's international and we will be driving back and forth to Long Beach everyday yikes! I feel the same way that the first day I can pay attention and as the days go on I'm exhausted and hard to pay attention! But anyways, you have a beautiful family in your nice convention outfits! :)

Elizabeth said...

I still can't believe I didn't see you guys the entire time. You didn't even bring Maddy down to play at lunchtime! That's funny you liked Friday the best, because I actually liked Sat and Sun the best! Well, I hope I get to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, who would have thought taking Rocky and Jason to Naan N' Curry one time would have lead to an annual spot! :) Here is another one for you I haven't passed this one on to anyone in Sacramento (at least I don't think I have :) if you get a chance go to the stinking rose. You'll love it! http://www.thestinkingrose.com/

- Kris Legleiterererer

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kris ~ the Stinking Rose is awesome. It's all about the garlic. Their motto is:
"We season our garlic with food"
It rocks! (as long as you love garlic, and I do!) Cindy Bee

Amieleigh said...

I'm so glad the convention was good. I'm really looking forward to it. And good for you guys for making goals for yourself. And if its hard to reach your goals don't give up......Just move HERE!!! : ) hehehe wink wink

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

Now that we've been, I think it's the best I've ever been to! It was so upbuilding!