So, this morning I was reading the newspaper at the table and I noticed Madison opening the fridge a couple times (something she loves to do now!) I told her I'd get her something to eat in a minute and to go sit down, she said "okay"... and went back to her cartoons. At least I thought she did. A few minutes later she came running back in the kitchen with a towel and started cleaning something up by the refrigerator door. This is how our conversation went:
Mommy: Maddy, what are you cleaning?
Maddy: There was an accident!
Mommy: Ohhh, what happened?
Maddy: A baby bid cracked (followed by some fake sniffles)
Mommy: WHAT!?!?! (As I ran over to see what she was talking about)
Maddy: No! Don't look. You'll be mad at me!
Mommy: Let me see, Maddy.
As I picked up the towel, there was a broken egg shell and lots of goopy egg mess. I told her it was okay and that it was an accident and assured her I wasn't mad. But then I opened the fridge up and noticed ALL of the eggs were missing.
Mommy: Uh, Maddy, where are all the other eggs?
Maddy: There keeping warm.
Mommy: Maddy, you took them out of the fridge?
Maddy: Yea, there in their nest.
Mommy: WHAT!?! Maddy, where are the eggs?
Maddy: I'll show you.
We walk into the living room and I see all of the eggs piled up in a blanket.
Maddy: See, here they are. Mama bird is going to be so happy with me!
Mommy: Ohh, yes, I see. That was very nice of you Maddy.
I ran to get my camera, laughing on the way. How could I get mad at this moment? I thought it was too cute. As I snapped a picture, Madison said: "say cheese eggs!" Then we picked up all the eggs, had a long discussion on how the eggs are not going to hatch, that they're not baby birds and that we are not supposed to take them out EVER again! Oh my, what a funny (and very mischievous) little girl we have!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Bird's Nest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:
Oh that is way too funny! I would have grabbed the camera too!
I had a kinda similar situation in the grocery store cart a couple months back. Ava was sitting in the back with all the groceries and broke open an egg to see the baby chicken inside. Quite the gooey mess in the middle of wal mart!
Oh My. That is funny stuff. What a sweet little girl wanting to keep them warm for mama bird :) And she did such a great job giving them a nice little nest! xo
So cute she wanted to take care of the eggs..Little minds are so innocent and loving!Hate to break (no pun intended) the news that we eat them in stead.
I love it!! that is so cute, very smart as well.
She is amazing! So smart, and such a memorable story to hold on to!
Adorable!
Wow!! I wish I could have been there. She is so sweet trying to take good care of those eggs. and yes Maddy I'm sure in any other situation that momma bird would be VERY proud of you! :) hehe I Love that little girl!
Post a Comment