Monday, May 05, 2008

Woozy!

So I had my appointment with the Rheumatologist today to see whats going on with me. The previous tests from the Immunologist were not enough for him, so he ordered some more blood work. He told me that I was going to need a good steak and a glass of red wine for dinner to get my blood count back up after he was done with me. I thought he was teasing, but OH MY, he wasn't teasing! I went down to get my blood work done, already feeling sick at the thought of it, I do NOT like to get that done, I usually faint everytime! Well, when they called my name I asked the lady how many viles they'd be taking because if it was going to be more than they took last time, I really needed to get something in my stomach. I told her they took 8 last time and it made me feel nauseous. So she (rudely, I may add) started to count and I thought I was going to die.... the grand total of viles was 17! She was so rude though, she made me feel like an idiot, so I just did it! I wanted to cry, 17 is insane! How much blood is that anway? Amazingly I didn't faint... although my knees were trembling and I was really woozy. I had to sit in my car for awhile before I could drive. I ended up not going into work, I just felt awful. I still do. Really weak. My arm is all pale and keeps going to sleep. Coincidence or side effect from extreme blood loss? LOL! I'm not sure... I sure hope these tests were worth all of that!

5 have left feedback, click here to write yours!:

angie said...

Wow! 17 viles! That IS crazy! Hope you are feeling better now. And an order for steak and red wine? I hope you followed those orders and had Patrick take you out ;-)

Unknown said...

My goodness! Porr girl, hope you are ok!! :) ((((hugs))))

nickandstaci said...

OH MY! I can't believe how much blood they took! I hope you are feeling better today!

Emily @ Bentobloggy.com said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. 17viles is a lot, for sure.

Anonymous said...

What is the nurses name and address?! I will send so of my mafia family after her !!!JK> Hope you are feeling better ...and all is well. love ya bunches